You are invited to attend Kevin's 5th class assembly which takes place this Friday (13th October). Our short assembly will be take place in Kevin's prefab after the main assembly.
Monday, 9 October 2017
Monday, 2 October 2017
The Intel Mini Scientist competition.
Children will once again be entering the Intel Mini Scientist Competition.
Information on the competition can be found on http://www.miniscientist.ie/?
Children will be working in groups.
Children can find helpful tips and resources on various topics/experiments on http://www.education.com/
Children should choose a topic area and begin some research and establish a suitable research question i.e. what they want to find out.
We kindly ask that you enable your child to work individually or collaboratively with their peers. Adults can guide, monitor and support their work where necessary.
I will post further updates here soon. Any questions or queries please do not hesitate to ask me.
Here is a list of some suitable websites to help with their research and brainstorming:
To help children consolidate their learning I have a selection of online games they may wish to engage with.
· (Games to build vocabulary and awareness of language )
· https://www.khanacademy.org/ Khan Academy – parents will need to registrar with an email address.
· http://www.presentationhelpdesk.com/your-millionaire-game-332.html Who wants to be a millionaire maths game based on problem solving.
· Equivalent fractions http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/mathgames/fractions/memory_equivalent1.htm
· www.thatquiz.org ( and geography)
· Mathematical vocabulary explained: http://www.ncca.ie/en/Curriculum_and_Assessment/Parents/Primary/Infant_Classes/Glossary_of_mathematical_terms.pdf
· http://www.topmarks.co.uk/Flash.aspx?f=Symmetry This webpage includes a symmetry game.
· http://www.teachingmoney.co.uk/eurosite/euroindex.html This a website site with loads of games involving money.
.manchester.ac.uk/media/servic es/thechildrensuniversityofman chester/flash/energy_house.swf
activities/explorer/ecosystems /be_an_explorer/map/line_exper iment14.swf
page/resource/age/subject/topi c.cfm?age=Age%20range%207-11& subject=Science
.manchester.ac.uk/media/servic es/thechildrensuniversityofman chester/flash/globalwarming. swf