Key questions for research:
The History of the GAA
1. What does GAA stand for?
2. In what year was the GAA established?
3. The GAA was set up to encourage people to play?
4. Which of the following sports is NOT a GAA game?
5. The day on which people were killed at a match in Croke Park is known as
6. Which stand in Croke Park is named after the footballer who was killed on Bloody Sunday?
7. Why was the 2007 Ireland V England rugby game in Croke Park so special?
8. Why is the Cusack stand named after Liam Cusack?
9. Bloody Sunday happened during
10. In what county was the GAA set up?
Where was the GAA founded?
When was the GAA founded?
Which of these men was NOT a founding member of the GAA?
What is the name of the cup that the All Ireland Football winners receive each year?
What is the name of the cup that the Hurling All Ireland winners receive each year?
Where are the All Ireland finals played every year?
The only All Ireland final played outside of Ireland was played in which city?
What other country do Ireland compete against in the International Rules competition?
How many people can Croke Park hold?
What county has won the most All Ireland Football finals?
What county has won the most All Ireland hurling finals?
Examine the following and how they have changed over the course of the history of the GAA. 1888-2017
- Music and Culture